Dr. Rasmussen will be relocating to ARC Southwest on May 6, 2013. His last day seeing patients at eOs Dermatology is May 3, 2013. If you are current patient, you should have received a letter in the mail (read letter).
On-site Board Certified Dermatologist
Steven E. Rasmussen, M.D., F.A.A.D.
Dr. Rasmussen, board certified in Dermatology, joined ARC in 2006 after 11 years in the U.S. Air Force studying and practicing medicine. He graduated from Uniformed Services University School of Medicine in Bethesda, MD in 1995 and completed his residency at San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium at Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas in 2001.
During his time in the military, he was highly decorated and recognized at the highest levels for his dedication to his patients and to his profession. He was awarded outstanding intern in his class as well as being named chief resident during his residency. During his final year of residency, he scored in the top 2% percentile on the national dermatology training exam given to all dermatology residents.
Dr. Rasmussen joined ARC in 2006 to help start up a new dermatology specialty practice for the group and in 2008 became the medical director for the new eŌs Dermatology. He is dedicated to providing quality care medically, surgically and cosmetically through his advanced knowledge and training of the skin, its structures and the diseases that afflict them.
Dr. Rasmussen has published articles in Dermatologic Surgery and Cutis medical journals and has given numerous presentations on medical and cosmetic dermatology topics at the American Academy of Dermatology annual conference as well as provided educational talks to local medical society meetings including Central Texas Physician Assistant Society and the ARC Family Medicine and Pediatric departments.
He currently serves as a member of the Performance Measurement Task Force of the American Academy of Dermatology, and serves on oversight committees on Quality Improvement, Credentialing, and Peer Review for a Texas Medicaid program. Dr. Rasmussen serves as a panelist for dermatology topics and peer reviewer for Healthy Aging magazine and LiveStrong.com. He especially enjoys working with the American Academy of Dermatology’s Camp Discovery, an annual camp program for children with severe dermatological diseases.
- Finalist for the annual “Austin Under 40” Awards in the field of medicine for his contributions as a physician to the Austin community in 2008.
- “On-Time Physician Award” for 2009, a nationally recognized award voted on by patients for his dedication to provide prompt, reliable and quality care.
He is a member of numerous professional organizations:
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Board of Dermatology
- American Society of Dermatologic Surgery
- American Society of Cosmetic Dermatology and Aesthetic Surgery
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- American Contact Dermatitis Society
- Texas Dermatological Society
- Austin Dermatological Society
- American Medical Association
- Texas Medical Association
- Travis County Medical Society